In-Person Public Scoping Meeting
Can’t attend the meeting but still want to provide input? Click HERE to submit public comment, and see some suggested topics below to consider in your comments:
- Use your unique voice and knowledge of specific impacts and management needs on the ground. Be specific and detailed!
- The plan should honor and support the recommendations and strategies outlined in the Tribal Land Management Plan.
- Collaboration with Tribal leadership on where, when and how it is appropriate to visit cultural sites.
- Manage the impacts of increased recreation to prevent impacts to cultural sites and theft of artifacts.
- Increased educational signage, including Visit with Respect.
- Mitigation of issues surrounding: human waste, illegal routes, pets, campfires, geocaching, group size limits, special recreation permits, target shooting, drones & fee collection.
- Impacts from motorized recreational vehicles must be managed by closing dead end and redundant routes as well as those with an impact on cultural sites.
This scoping process will play a significant role in deciding the future of Bears Ears National Monument. Contribute to the protection of Bears Ears by making your voice heard NOW!
|Event Date||09-28-2022 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||09-28-2022 8:00 pm|
|Location||Utah State University Blanding Arts & Event Center|