To our wonderful partners,
Just like Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday, you’ve got tons of options for where to invest your dollars - and on Giving Tuesday there are countless causes worthy of your support.
Maybe you already have your list of organizations and causes you care about most (if we’re on your list you can donate here!). Perhaps you’re wondering how your contribution will be used if you donate (read on!). Or you might want to know if there’s a generous donor out there who will match your gift (the answer is YES!).
Making a gift today not only shows your support for Bears Ears, it also helps ensure we have the resources, team and capacity needed to be effective on the ground stewards, educators, advocates and partners for this incredible landscape.
The support we receive from people (like you!) who love Bears Ears is an example of the power of partnership and all we can achieve when we come together around a common goal. As we wrap up a year marked by enormous growth, collaboration and on the ground impact for Bears Ears - I’m thinking a lot about how the power of partnership has driven our successes 2022, including:
- Changing our name from Friends of Cedar Mesa to becoming the Bears Ears Partnership to fully reflect not only where we work, but also how we can make the greatest on the ground impact for the landscape - through partnership.
- Partnering with Tribes and Ancestral Lands Conservation Youth Corps on multiple high priority cultural site conservation projects, working together to stabilize structures, reroute trails and install signage to protect sensitive cultural sites from growing visitor impacts;
- Supporting the Bears Ears Intertribal Coalition and Tribal leaders in advocating for a monument management plan that prioritizes indigenous knowledge and a holistic approach to protecting the cultural, natural and historic values of the landscape.
- Working with land managers and Ambassadors to increase awareness and promote Visit with Respect on the landscape; and
- Collaborating with our incredible volunteers who have helped make the Bears Ears Education Center a go-to place for education programs and information about the Monument.
Here comes the Match Alert! Every dollar you donate through December 31st will be doubled which means we can do even more on the ground good for Bears Ears.
YOU are an integral partner in making these successes possible and I hope you will join us with your support.
Joe Neuhof, Executive Director
PS: Bears Ears Partnership is a 501(c)3 registered nonprofit and your contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed. Our EIN is 35-2426283.